Tuesday, May 22

You're the Apple of My Eye


Positivity is a life-choice. It seems like the world we live in is so negative all the time. Everything is just so horrible. So-and-so cut me off in traffic. She talked about me behind my back. I had to push my brand-new moped for a mile, uphill. It seems like everyone, including myself, puts a negative spin on practically everything. The thing is, we have so much to be thankful for. So much to be happy about. Yet we ignore it, and zoom in on all the bad stuff. 
We make excuses for ourselves, we're this way because of this circumstance in our life. If this thing wouldn't have happened to us, we wouldn't be this way. But, it's time to stop making excuses for ourselves. Don't you want a choice in how you live your life? I'm not going to let my present circumstances determine my present behavior. I'm just not. Not anymore. 
It's time for change. It's time to live in freedom. The freedom that comes along with joy and optimism. I'm sick and tired of being chained to myself, to my thoughts and fears. It's a brand new day, and I'm going to remind myself of all the things that I need to be joyful about. There are so many. 
I know that this isn't a revolutionary thought, and I know that you've probably heard it before. But it's still true. I find myself so hung up in petty things, and I let those things ruin my day. And that's just plain stupid. There is no reason for me to be negative. I can rise against what's happening and be happy anyways. And that doesn't mean that I'm ignoring the facts, ignoring the bad stuff that's going on and pretend life is perfect. No. It means that I'm going to be aware of crappy stuff but I'm not going to let it consume me and determine who I am as a person. 

1 comment:

  1. a-fricken'-men.

    Everything you said here sounds good to me, and it's all very important. I struggle to remember and to work on a lot of those things a lot of the time.

    Writing down things that I'm thankful for always makes me feel better :) Bubble baths often make the list- nothing calms me down like hot water and lovely smelling bubbles!

    I'm tired of being chained to myself, too. I want to be better at loving myself.

    ReplyDelete

From the bottom of my heart I thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please, don't hesitate to leave comments or suggestion!