Tuesday, October 25

hometown(ship)



There is a reason that the place I live is called Bliss.
This little township is home to about 600 of us in a 70 square mile radius.
It's small and quaint, but its home. 
Bliss is located at the very tip of the mitt, if you're at all familiar with the map of Michigan. If you're not I'll explain what I mean. The Lower Peninsula of Michigan is shaped like a mitten. I'm at the very tippy top of that mitten. 
What I'm getting at here is that yesterday evening I saw the Northern Lights. I went outside to do some sort of chore and there they were in all their greeny-red glory. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen and I sat in the freezing cold watching for awhile. Scarlett tried getting a picture, but she couldn't. So no picture :( But trust me, gorgeousness. 
It's times like this that I thank God that I don't live in a city. Where the street lights drown out even the stars. Sometimes I wished I lived in a bigger place, a place with a mall (the nearest is 104 miles away) even a McDonalds (sometimes a girl just needs a Big Mac and some sweet tea. the nearest is 28 miles). But then I remember I have wide open spaces and Lake Michigan a mile down the road. I also have the Bliss Store, the cutest general store you will ever see in your whole life. 
Thank God for Bliss, and thank God for my friends and family. 


{Update}
A picture of the Northern Lights I saw last night! We didn't take the picture, but it was from a couple miles from us. So gorgeous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

From the bottom of my heart I thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please, don't hesitate to leave comments or suggestion!