Friday, March 9

Recipe: Home Elephant Ear

Happy Friday everyone! 
I, for one, am very pleased that it's Friday so in celebration I made myself a little treat that I thought I'd share with you. It's absolutely delicious, and has about the nutrition value of a pencil (actually it probably has less than a pencil... there has to be some fiber in that). 


So let's get started!
DSC_0017
What You'll Need:
Tortillas (I prefer using the smaller 8" ones, but I only had the bigger. Use whatever your little heart desires!)
Vegetable Oil
Butter
Cinnamon & Sugar 
DSC_0024
DSC_0026
DSC_0027
DSC_0028
DSC_0031
Directions:
First, pour your Vegetable Oil into a frying pan and let it warm up. After the oil is warm place your tortilla in the pan. When the tortilla starts to bubble and brown flip it over. Wait until the other side is browned (usually it won't get quite as brown as the first side). Now put your tortilla on a plate covered in paper towel and blot the heck out of it, unless of course you want a drippy oily tortilla. After it's sufficiently blotted butter that thang! Then, using mixed cinnamon and sugar, sprinkle it all over the top. 
Voila! You now have a homemade Elephant Ear of sorts. 

3 comments:

  1. YUM. That's all I have to say. Oh, and that I will be making this ASAP. Thank you. Haha.

    --Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this looks so simple yet sooo ridiculously delicious! That looks delicious, and perfect for a Friday afternoon treat/reward. Yumm. Thanks for sharing! :)

    xoxo,
    meme-stylenewbie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow, that looks amazing! I know what I'll be making, thank you so much for posting this!
    <3

    ReplyDelete

From the bottom of my heart I thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please, don't hesitate to leave comments or suggestion!